DOCTOR ONLINE-- INTRODUCTION

Hi,

I am your friendly neighbourhood doctor-woman. I administer no medicine, appropriate advise and loads of good-will and hope.

My qualifications doesn't consist of a long list of dotted alphabets. I am just a simple family medicine consultant and I have the necessary certificate to show for it.

Anyway, my role as a doctor here would be basically limited to advises that you can cross-check with your local doctor. I would provide the relevant information and arm you with the necessary questions to put to your "real doctor".

To make it a little more clear I will list down my exact 'virtual doctor' services:

1. I post a blog a day on a medical topic open to discussion. I put in my insight about the disease, which is not researched or established by survey but perhaps, just a few suppositions, that may one day be proved true. I will not claim accuracy or refute challenges with any kind of animosity. Any questions are welcome to help me dig deeper into the topic and throw new light on the particular malady.

2. If anyone suffering from a similar problem, as highlighted in my blog, solicits advise from me, I will offer it freely but with the implicit warning that it should be cross-checked with your family doctor before you pop any pill or undergo any surgery. I would not use brand names of medicines, only the generic names. The brand has to be decided by your local doctor.

3. This is not charity. I expect to be paid for it. Therefore I take it pretty seruiously.

4. This is basically educational and not theraupeutic service. My main intention is not "cure" of your disease rather it is to empower you with knowledge of the disease you are suffering from i.e. the purpose is most clearly and solely educational.

5. I do not claim accuracy of my claims and any slip of fingers(typo errors) should be excused. Also, never ever blame me if you followed my advise because as I already told you my purpose is educational and teachers cannot be held responsible for their personal view-points. And, more importantly, USE YOUR HEADS, PEOPLE! DO NOT PICK ON MINE WHEN YOU ARE IN PAIN AND NEED A PERSON TO BLAME FOR IT. I am no agony aunt, I am a doctor who wants to empower patients online with knowledge about their sufferings.

6. Please avoid advising each other by way of comments on my blog. On my blog, only I advise. You can rake up a discussion but avoid presenting your personal problem in the open forum. Instead, mail your problems to me and I will follow it up with a response.

7. I am under an oath to myself to be sincere in my intentions to help you. If at any point of our interaction you start feeling distrustful or skeptical please mention it clearly and if it can't be amended just leave. Similarly if I feel that you are digressing from the topic or trying to be personal I will stop interacting with you after a warning.

Please address me as 'doctor' in your interactions with me. Though friendly, I am not looking for friendships or any kind of relationship which might suggest anything beyond a professional relationship.if youy are already friends with me, you'll remain a friend.




Comments

Dr.SREE LATHA said…
MY EMAIL ID: thopes76@gmail.com
Anonymous said…
Your pre-emptive bail is pretty solid Tammy. So go ahead and shoot...I mean educate us:-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Schizoid Phenomenon

WISDOM TOOTH--GROW UP OR ELSE...